Home Siding Replacement
The siding on your house typically covers 70% or more of your home exterior. So it’s no surprise that replacing siding on your home can have a dramatic and positive effect on curb appeal, turning an old mid-century house into an updated masterpiece that is the envy of its neighbors. Your siding is also the primary line of defense against the harsh elements of the Great Northwest. With the abundant moisture in our area coupled with the occasional hot days and cold winters, your siding really takes a beating. Old, weathered siding show the age of a home but more importantly has probably allowed too much moisture underneath, creating dry-rot of your sheathing and potential mold growth. Replacing your existing siding with new wood siding or more durable composite siding will help to eliminate these flaws and create a new look for your home.
Replacement Siding Types
Lake Washington Windows carries several different siding materials well-suited for the cold and damp weather that’s all too typical in Seattle and Western Washington. To help you choose the siding that best fits your home or commercial building, our product pages below describe the strengths and typical applications for each.
Our Process for Replacing Siding
Visit our Replacement Siding Process information page for an overview of how our consultation and installation process works.
Reasons to Replace Your Siding
- The existing siding is unsightly and devalues your home.
- Increase the value of your home.
- Improve marketability of your house.
- Reduce the maintenance of your siding.
- The existing siding product is defective.
- Your siding is installed incorrectly causing early failure.
- There are leaks or water damage to your siding and beneath.
- Dry-rot in your structural wall cavities.
- Respiratory problems caused by fungal growth on or in your siding or wall cavity.
- Siding looks bad.
- You want to change the architectural style of your home.
- Almost as costly to properly prepare and paint siding as it would to replace it.
Thinking about replacing your Seattle home siding? Contact Us Today to setup a free consultation!
Lake Washington Windows & Doors – Seattle’s Premier Siding Contractors
Replacing your home siding is a big project – it pays to do the job right. It’s important to choose a siding contractor you can trust. At Lake Washington Windows & Doors, we provide siding solutions that last, and stand by our work 100%. But don’t take our word for it – read our customer testimonials to find out why we’re the trusted name in Seattle home siding!